CLICK FOR PRESS RELEASE
11th Annual Earth Day April 17, 2016
LOCATION: On the banks of the Maumee
June 6, 2016 UPDATE
Thanks to YOU, we planted all 380 trees on EARTH DAY!
- Officially counted 262 volunteers who worked between 525.9 – 528 hours on Earth Day ALONE with between 261 – 268 people signing in-and-out to log hours for the public event held on April 17, 2016.What species of trees did you plant? CLICK HERE
- 21 Alive – http://www.21alive.com/features/community-calendar/127999278.html
- News Sentinal – “most ambitious local project” – http://www.news-sentinel.com/news/local/Variety-of-Earth-Day-celebrations-planned-locally
- Frost Illustrated – http://www.frostillustrated.com/2016/save-maumees-11th-annual-earth-day-set/
- WOWO 1190 – http://www.wowo.com/save-maumee-will-plant-390-trees-during-annual-earth-day/
- 21 Alive – http://www.21alive.com/news/local/Volunteers-plant-hundreds-of-trees-along-Maumee-River-for-Earth-Day-celebration-376001691.html
- Journal Gazette – http://www.journalgazette.net/news/local/Volunteers-celebrate-Earth-Day-planting-400-trees-12617024
- Another Journal Gazette with more pictures! – http://www.journalgazette.net/news/local/400-young-trees-planted-12616375
- KPC Times (pg. 4) – https://issuu.com/kpcmedia/docs/east_allen041516
- Indiana Tech Law School – http://law.indianatech.edu/general/lydia-lamont-quoted-journal-gazette-article-earth-day-project/
- IF YOU CAN FIND THE LOCAL FOX FORT WAYNE HOME PAGE VIDEO, BY DEMETRIOUS LEWIS, that would be GREAT!
…and because of YOU ~
Earth Day has always been Save Maumee’s largest event!
Are you looking for an adventure. Looking for something that is not the “average day?” COME FIND US! Save Maumee likes to do work where others cannot easily see progress, but know we always have water quality improvements in mind!
FREE EVENT, but you may want to bring your checkbook for added fun for the whole family!
- Learn how to property plant a tree: 11am
- Food NOT Bombs to feed volunteers
- Tie-dye a t-shirt (while supplies last)
- Face painting 12:30-3
- The Renz Brothers 11am-12pm to provide live entertainment for our listening pleasure
- 3:00pm – Soarin’ Hawk, Raptor Rehab will be bringing some of our feathered friends
- The trees we plant here will be dedicated to Indiana’s Bicentennial #treeofhope project!
- Lucky Harley Davidson ride through to support Nature Conservancy’s efforts to plant 1 Billion Trees!
* Plant Happiness to assist tree plantings
* Old Crown Coffee will be served
* Snacks from Three Rivers Health Food Shoppe
* American Rivers, trash bags
* Fresh Thyme food
* Sports & Spirits will deliver pizza
* Young Urban Homesteaders vending plants & seed & food
* Hoosier Re-Leaf will be onsite for tree expertise
Entire Map of Maumee Basin in Indiana
Bullerman Ditch Subwatershed is Earth Day’s project area for 2016! See if we will be working in your watershed!
Save Ma_mee ~ The only thing missing is U!
This is our first project that will be completed through the federal Great Lakes Restoration Initiative (GRLI) and U.S. Forest Service grant. Save Maumee and the USDA are equal opportunity providers, employers, and lenders. CLICK HERE for full nondiscriminatory policy.