Roaring 20’s World Faire
was February 15, 2020 from 4pm-10pm
historic building completed in 1923
located at 216 E. Washington Blvd. in downtown Fort Wayne, IN 46802
Roaring 20’s World Fair with a Side Show Theme
- Live Local Bands: El Camino Hot Tub & Adam Baker and The Heartache recreating sounds of the Roaring 20’s and 2 members of The Paper Heart will be collaborating!
- Side Shows: Pyroscope performances, belly dancing, fortune teller, jugglers
- Carnival games, Raffle, Door Prizes (IGC Charity Gaming#12702)
- Local Vendors: Maumee River Leather Goods, Avocado Shag Shop, Plant Happiness, Golden Green Soap Company, Kelly Pottery, Mz Madstone, Blessing Moon Herbs, Pet Wants, Josh’s Jungle, Hontz Farm, Lunar Infusions Kombucha, Tea Jutsu, North Coast Organics
- 1920’s style cocktails and hors d’oeuvres will be served by Old Crown Coffee Roasters
- Photo Booth by Sugar Moon Photography ~ so dress up to commemorate the era!
- Innovation and Technology sponsorship will be provided by Kanak Naturals sustainable compostable dinnerware and then Dirt Wain will compost all our trash! Being the example to Fort Wayne’s carbon neutral future by fostering a culture of environmental responsibility and regenerative economic activity! Locals of course!
- More being planned for a very unique evening!
Side Show Entertainment:
- El Camino Hot Tub (band)
- Adam Baker & The Heartache (band)
- The Paper Heart (band)
- Pyroscope Entertainment
- Belly Dancing
- Carnival Games by Ecstatic Theatrics Fort Wayne
- Fortune Teller ~ Star Light Medicine Woman
- Photo Booth ~ Sugar Moon Photography
- Kevin Harris – Balloon Creations
- Raffle (IGC Charity Gaming# 12702)
Supplements for Fun Donations:
Hall’s Triangle Park – linens
Old Crown Coffee Roasters – food & alcohol services
Nowak Supply Company – balloons
Popcorn Machine – Health Food Shoppe
Vendors & Makers:
Raffle & Door Prizes:
- Old Crown Coffee Roasters
- YMCA 3 Month Membership ($301.50 value)
- J.K. O’Donnell’s $50 gift certificate 4 glasses & cozy ($90 value)
- Golden Green Soap Company
- 2 tickets to Wild & Scenic Film Festival – Indiana Forest Alliance ($50 value)
- Canoe (18’ aluminum full size) – Matt & Michelle Jones
- Coney Island dozen hot dogs ($18 value)
- Reiki & cord cutting session (30 minutes) – Sacred Directions
- 1121 Hair Salon – $120 gift card
- Webber Coal BBQ 18” Grill – Connolley’s Do-It Best
- The Hair Department – $100 gift card
- Allen County Parks Department
- The Grove
- The Alteration Shop
- Garden Cart
- Child’s Garden Bench
- a’Roma Pizza – $25 gift card
- Auto & All (oil change $50 value)
- DeBrands Fine Chocolates
- Spectrum Virtual Reality (4X .5 hour sessions)
- Hyde Brothers Book Store (2x $20 gift cert.)
- Fort Wayne Outfitters/Bike Depot – 1/2 day canoe rental ($40 value)
- Anytime Fitness – 30 days free
- Renew Resale & Boutique
- Frindges Salon
- Tek Venture Makers Space – 2 month Membership and a 6 month Membership
- Cap n’ Cork
- Natalia Millspaw
- S. Pacula Jewelry
- Angel’s Cafe
- Georgetown Bowl
- Honey Plant – $25 gift cert.
- Paula’s On Main Seafood Restaurant – $25 gift cert.
- O’Sullivans – Wednesday night Italian dinner for 4
- Home & Garden Show (4 tickets = $40 value) Feb. 27 through March 1, 2020 at Memorial Coliseum)
- Fort Wayne Museum of Art – 2 family entry ($40 value)
- Catalpa Tree
- Harlan Donuts
- Wildman’s Tattoos – $50 gift certificate
- Yum Thai
- Big Eyed Fish – 2 fish dinners (value $30)
- Jeremy Stroup – Art prints of 3 rivers ($60 value)
- Dash-In – $25 gift card
- Earth Adventures – 6 water bottles & camp cutlery ($83.33 value)
- Cottage Flowers – vase ($20 value)
- Wine Time – 2 bottles of white wine ($32 value)
- HealthKick – $30 gift cert.
- Frame Art & Design (Water color framed art of a river $250 value)
- Zianos – $25 gift cert.
- Joppa Cosmetics – $30 gift cert
THEME: Roaring 1920’s World Faire
DATE: Saturday February 15, 2020
VENUE: Freemason Hall 216 E. Washington Blvd. (downtown Fort Wayne) 46802
Join us for our annual fundraiser extravaganza! Save Maumee is hosting a Roaring 20’s World Faire fundraiser from 4-10pm on February 15, 2020 at the Freemasons Hall. All money raised will support the local nonprofits work, to keep hands-on restoration projects free to the public. The group boasts that the event is not one to be missed, with all kinds of live entertainment and “side shows” throughout the 6 hour evening.
With a 1920’s theme, The Freemasons Hall located at 216 E. Washington Blvd. Fort Wayne, IN 46802 will not disappoint. All the fun will be located within this beautiful historic building that was completed in 1926!
“Moving into 2020 with our Roaring 20’s World Faire Fundraiser, our volunteers will be dressed up, and we would love to see everyone’s creative attire! So don’t be afraid come in jeans and a t-shirt or dress to the nines in your best garments,” says Abigail King, Save Maumee’s President. “It will be a lovely day to follow the Valentines Day Hallmark Holiday so bring your Valentine, come find someone, or just wander-in to see the show we have planned!”
“2020 is a great time to celebrate 100 years of great food, dance, culture, ideas and technology sharing all wrapped up into one evening with a historic World Faire theme,” says Save Maumee’s Secretary, Lauren Conklin. “Our whole fundraiser committee has been working very hard to make it extra special this year! We are now looking for raffle donations to raise money that will support our work. All of our money goes into these projects and local business has been very generous in the past.”
Save Maumee wants you to kick off the evening at 4pm with featured hors d’oeuvres, beverages, and alcohol for the 21+ guests provided by Old Crown Coffee Roasters. Entertainment includes live music by local bands; El Camino Hot Tub and Adam Baker and The Heartache, who will be recreating sounds of the roaring 20’s. Fiery dances by Pyroscope will be complemented by a graceful belly dancer show. Guests can have their fortunes read, have magic tricks performed at their table and play carnival games! Come to win something in the raffle from local business, or win a door prize for just buying a ticket! Everyone should definitely have their picture taken in the Photo Booth area to commemorate another 100 years!
The entire family is invited to this shindig as it unfolds into the carnival that only Save Maumee could produce! Roaring 20’s World Faire will be supporting shovel-ready projects the group has been known to produce. V.I.P. or pre-sale tickets are available for purchase previous to the event, or just purchase tickets at the door. For more information visit the website https://savemaumee.org/worldfairefundraiser/.
“Save Maumee volunteers do the real work! In 2019 alone we planted 1,080 trees and removed all the invasive species that don’t belong there to prepare the sites. I remember logging over 1,880 hours of volunteers this year. These people make the work possible and who feel like family because they care…and show up,” says Abigail King, Save Maumee President.