Well, we are considered a good natured bunch, with a sense of humor…
See our attempts at getting some nationwide attention! We gave a funny shout out to Ellen DeGeneres, John Stewart, Jimmy Kimmel, Steven Colbert & Oprah. We figured any media attention is good attention, even if it is a little tainted! We think that all the trash we pull out of our Three Rivers in Fort Wayne is ridiculous and wanted to share a little satire in our Earth Day efforts. We have been accused of being “rough around the edges and a little crass,” so we did not want to disappoint! Remember, we are a 100% unpaid volunteer group, so you get what you pay for! Dirty rivers, however, are no laughing matter. Let it be very clear though, we only want clean water, clean rivers and reduced pollution and we are willing to do something about it. It is one thing that brings us all to a consensus. Thank you for your continued support!
Thank you to everyone who make our events a complete success….AGAIN!
The first 30 seconds are specific to the celebrity, and the rest of the 2 minute video are basically the same.
For Ellen DeGeneres Video
For John Stewart Video
For Steven Colbert Video
For Oprah Winfrey Video
For Jimmy Kimmel Video
Our official statistics for our 6th Annual Earth Day alone:
- 2 TONS of trash removed from our rivers & riparian area and floodways
- 480 Native Trees planted
- 150 lbs of approved DNR native seed planted
- 4,000 sq. ft. of erosion control mats installed
- $1,000 dollars worth of pre-grown plants (plant plugs)
- Raised awareness successfully for 322 men, women and children that attended our open non-house! THANK YOU!