Victories for our Rivers 2017
- Save Maumee Sustainable Indiana 2020 Green Light Award 2016, Celebrating 200 years of Outstanding Environmental Projects, Bicentennial Green Legacy Hall of Fame
- 9th Annual Seed Harvest (October 2016)
- 9th Annual Canoe Clean Up (September 2016)
- Planted 460 trees over 3 Days – Six Mile Creek video coverage on Patty’s Page CLICK
11th Annual Earth Day April 2016
- The official count for volunteers was, 262! Volunteers logged 525.9 – 528 hours on Earth Day ALONE! We are grateful to everyone that came out to support this initiative.
- What species of trees did you plant? CLICK HERE
We had so much coverage RE: Earth Day and the Riparian Buffer Initiative!
- 21 Alive
- News Sentinal – “most ambitious local project”
- Frost Illustrated
- WOWO 1190
- 21 Alive Earth Day Coverage
- Journal Gazette
- Another Journal Gazette with more pictures!
- KPC Times (pg. 4)
- Indiana Tech Law School
- IF YOU CAN FIND THE LOCAL FOX FORT WAYNE HOME PAGE VIDEO, BY DEMETRIOUS LEWIS, that would be GREAT!
Save Maumee’s 11th Annual Earth Day was promoted by many other groupsAmerican Rivers, Hoosier Environmental Council, Community Calendar, National Public Radio,We could not even keep up with the blogs & pictures & mentions!Our trees were also dedicated to the Bicentennial Tree Celebration of Indiana.and made it into the Green Light Legacy Hall of Fame!4. Terry Doran released a video about the 141 mile canoe trip! VIDEO IS COMING SOON!But, here is the other video by Justinian Dispenza, if you missed it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5F7_TS7_t45. Abigail King VP & Founder of Save Maumee deemed “Northeast Woman of Indiana” by Newscaster 33, thanks to Member Sarah Loshe’s submission! “Northeast Woman of Indiana”6. Save Maumee made it into Sustainable Indiana 2016 BOOK! Explore Sustainable Indiana; Celebrating Hoosier Solutions to Our Climate Crisis with 2 pictures and 1 &1/2 pages of Save Maumee INFO! Find a copy to purchase for $10 here!7. Lydia Lamont, Save Maumee President, lead us in the Great American Clean Up on May 21!8. Greg Morrical started the Save Maumee Garbage Group Initiative!
From 2005 to 2015 we have planted over 1,000 trees, 900 pounds of seed, hundreds of pre-grown plants and removed over 26,000 pounds of trash from local streams and rivers…all while successfully raising awareness on 100% volunteer labor.